Due to the COVID-19 global pandemic and uncertainty about scheduling, the 2020 TCDM Pre-Dental Experience has been canceled. Please check back for updates on new program dates for Summer 2021.
Join our mailing list for notifications.
Are you an undergrad thinking about applying to dental school?
The Pre-Dental Experience is a 4-day program designed to introduce undergraduate students to the world of dentistry. Led by TCDM faculty, you will learn about your dental career options, experience hands-on lab exercises, and see the latest in digital dentistry technology in an intimate setting. You’ll have the opportunity to meet students at TCDM, tour our state-of-the-art clinic, and gain a sneak-peak into life as a TCDM dental student. This informative week can help you explore the field of dentistry to help decide if this is the career path you have been dreaming of!
TCDM is located in Westchester County on the campus of New York Medical College in Hawthorne, NY. We are just 30 minutes from New York City, easily accessible via several nearby Metro-North train lines.
You will learn about:
- Dentistry as a career
- Student life at TCDM
- Preclinical laboratory procedures
- Use of digital dental technologies
- Dental specialties
- Our state-of-the-art clinical setting
- Financial aid and admissions process
TCDM will provide:
- All dental materials
- Infection control materials
- Parking for students
- Lunch on the first day of the program
- Scrubs – 1 set
TCDM will not provide room, board or transportation.
Pre-Dental Experience application requirements:
- You are in good academic standing
- You are currently a 2nd, 3rd or 4th year undergraduate student OR recent college graduate
- You have NOT yet applied or been accepted to any dental school
In order to maintain an intimate class setting, a maximum of 40 students will be accepted.