Program Dates: Monday, June 15 - Thursday, June 18, 2020
Are you an undergrad thinking about applying to dental school?
The Pre-Dental Experience is a 4-day program designed to introduce undergraduate students to the world of dentistry. Led by TCDM faculty, you will learn about your dental career options, experience hands-on lab exercises, and see the latest in digital dentistry technology in an intimate setting. You’ll have the opportunity to meet students at TCDM, tour our state-of-the-art clinic, and gain a sneak-peak into life as a TCDM dental student. This informative week can help you explore the field of dentistry to help decide if this is the career path you have been dreaming of!
TCDM is located in Westchester County on the campus of New York Medical College in Hawthorne, NY. We are just 30 minutes from New York City, easily accessible via several nearby Metro-North train lines.
You will learn about:
- Dentistry as a career
- Student life at TCDM
- Preclinical laboratory procedures
- Use of digital dental technologies
- Dental specialties
- Our state-of-the-art clinical setting
- Financial aid and admissions process
TCDM will provide:
- All dental materials
- Infection control materials
- Parking for students
- Lunch on the first day of the program
- Scrubs – 1 set
TCDM will not provide room, board or transportation.
Pre-Dental Experience application requirements:
- You are in good academic standing
- You are currently a 2nd, 3rd or 4th year undergraduate student OR recent college graduate
- You have NOT yet applied or been accepted to any dental school
In order to maintain an intimate class setting, a maximum of 40 students will be accepted.
How to apply:
- Submit an online application along with a non-refundable processing fee of $25
- Email a current official transcript from all undergraduate colleges attended along with a letter of recommendation from any basic science professor or a pre-dental advisor to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: April 20th
Applicants will be notified of acceptance by May 1st and the full course fee of $650 will be due by May 15th in order to reserve your seat in the program. Applicants will not be considered without all documentation or if criteria, as described above, are not met.
** Please be aware that acceptance and participation in the program does not guarantee acceptance into Touro College of Dental Medicine as a dental student.
Please direct all questions and required documents to: