Edward F. Farkas, D.D.S., M.A.
Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Edward Farkas is Vice Dean as well as a Professor of Dental Medicine at the Touro College of Dental Medicine. With a vision for an innovative dental school that equipped students with the knowledge needed to practice in 2030 and beyond, Dr. Farkas was instrumental in the founding, creation and development of the college and the TCDM program, its initial accreditation by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and the college’s new, state of the art clinical training facility that opened in 2018. As Vice Dean, he spearheaded the development of TCDM's digital dentistry program, establishing a unique and unparalleled educational experience for students, as well as a sophisticated complex care clinic for patients of Touro Dental Health—TCDM’s 115-chair clinical teaching facility. In addition to his current deanship responsibilities, Dr. Farkas also serves as Chairman of TCDM’s Admissions Committee. He previously served as Special Assistant to the Chancellor at New York Medical College and Special Assistant to the President of Touro College.
Prior to his current teaching responsibilities, Dr. Farkas was also a Clinical Instructor at New York University College of Dentistry. He currently maintains a successful private practice in Brooklyn, New York. Dr. Farkas previously maintained a private practice in Fallsburg, New York, and also formerly served as an attending dentist at Bedford Medical Group in Brooklyn from 1987-1991.
- B.A., Chemistry, Brooklyn College
- D.D.S., New York University College of Dentistry
- Periodontal Certificate, Albert Einstein College of Dentistry
- M.A., Dental Education, University of the Pacific, Gladys C. Benerd School of Education
- Farkas, Edward, D.D.S., M.A., TCDM, Infection Control in the Age of COVID-19, Dentistry Today (April 30, 2019).
Memberships and Affiliations
- Alpha Omega Dental Fraternity
- American Dental Education Association
- American Dental Association
- Second District of New York Dental Society