Jay Goldsmith, DMD, FACD
Founding Dean Emeritus
Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
- Completed oral and maxillofacial surgical residency training in New York City
Dr. Jay Goldsmith was instrumental in founding Touro College of Dental Medicine and was the college's first appointed Dean from 2016 to 2017.
He has a distinguished career in academic medicine, including serving as Professor and Deputy Chief of the Department of Dental Medicine at New York Medical College. He was also Program Director for the residency training of oral and maxillofacial surgeons where we provided supervision and teaching of general practice, oral and maxillofacial surgery residents and undergraduates.
Dr. Goldsmith also held a successful private practice in New York City for 39 years and served for 6 years as a Captain in the United States Army Reserve and a Training Officer for the 300th Medical Detachment Field Hospital during the Viet Nam era.
- Theodore Blum prize for excellence in Oral Surgery
- New York Medical College Award for Dedicated Service to Academic and Clinical Excellence Award for Humanitarian Efforts in Pediatric and Maxillofacial Surgery for multiple humanitarian missions
- Office of the Chief Medical Examiner of the City of New York Humanitarian Award for Dental Identification for victims of attack on NYC on September 11, 2001 from the New York County Dental Society
Memberships and Affiliations
- Diplomat of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Dentists
- Founding Fellow of the American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Former member of the Board of Directors of the New York County Dental Society
- Past president of the New York Academy of Dentistry
- American College of Dentists
- New York Academy of Dentistry
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Society of Honorary Police Surgeons of the City of New York