Justin Steinberg, D.D.S.
Director of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
Associate Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Justin Steinberg is the Director of Oral Radiology and an Associate Professor of Dental Medicine at the Touro College of Dental Medicine (TCDM). A board certified Oral and Maxillofacial Radiologist, Dr. Steinberg teaches TCDM’s three radiology courses in addition to overseeing and administrating the college’s radiology hardware and software. He previously served as a group leader in the Ethics and Professionalism, Preclinical Operative Dentistry and Dental Anatomy and Occlusion academic courses, and has helped to direct several interprofessional education seminars at TCDM. Additionally, Dr. Steinberg consults on clinical cases at Touro Dental Health, TCDM’s 115-chair dental teaching practice, and provides radiographic interpretation services to referring healthcare professionals seeking expert diagnosis and management of diseases, disorders and conditions of the mouth, face and jaws
Dr. Steinberg began working at TCDM in 2015, during the college’s pre-accreditation phase, and aided in a number of initial projects, including admissions for the inaugural class and the creation of TCDM’s first student handbook. His primary research interest involves computer-aided detection of pathology in cone-beam CT scans. Dr. Steinberg is licenced to practice dentistry in the state of New York.
- B.A., Computer Science and Mathematics, University of Rochester
- D.D.S., Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Residency, University of Washington School of Dentistry
- Justin Steinberg, D.D.S., Peggy P. Lee, Alexander R. Stanton, Lars G. Hollender, Greater Mandibular Horizontal Condylar Angle is Associated with Temporomandibular Joint Osteoarthritis, Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology (December 2016).
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Dental Association
- Ninth District Dental Association
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Diplomate
- New York State Dental Association
- American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America