Mitchell Steinberg, D.D.S.
Clinical Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Mitchell Steinberg is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine at the Touro College of Dental Medicine (TCDM). In addition to his current teaching responsibilities at TCDM, Dr. Steinberg works in a private oral, maxillofacial and implant surgery practice in Scarsdale, New York, and serves as Attending Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon at both White Plains Hospital and the Surgical Specialty Center of Westchester.
Dr. Steinberg holds the distinguished honor of receiving both a D.D.S. from Stonybrook University School of Dental Medicine and an M.D. from Stonybrook University School of Medicine. In addition, he completed a General Surgery Internship at North Shore University Hospital and then a six-year surgical residency in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Stony Brook University Hospital, and the Northport VA Medical Center, serving as Chief Resident in his final year. He has attended a number of continuing education courses and conferences focused on oral and maxillofacial surgery and in 2019 helped lead a course on surgical techniques in orthognathic, TMJ, and reconstructive surgery to OMFS residents.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- B.S., Biology & Biomedical Science, University of Pennsylvania
- D.D.S., Stonybrook University School of Dental Medicine
- M.D., Stonybrook University School of Medicine
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Residency, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Stony Brook University Hospital, and the Northport VA Medical Center.
- Certifications in: Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support, Advanced Trauma Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Davis JM, Gelband J, Steinberg M, Bohle G. Placement of Dental Implants Into Infected Extraction Sockets: A Meta-Analysis of Controlled Clinical Trials. Stony Brook University Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 2011-2013.
- Goren AD, Bonvento MJ, Fernandez TJ, Abramovitch K, Zhang W, Roe N, Seltzer J, Steinberg M, Colosi DC., Evaluation of radiation exposure with Tru-Align intraoral rectangular collimation system using OSL dosimeters. N Y State Dent J. 2011;77(2):24-27
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- AO Craniomaxillofacial
- American Dental Association
- New York State Dental Association
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Education Association
- Xi Psi Phi, Dental Fraternity, Beta Nu Chapter
- Alpha Epsilon Pi, Fraternity, Gamma Chapter
- Omega National Honor Society
- STSC Major Advisory Board