Salomon Amar, DDS, PhD
Provost for Biomedical Research; Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Salomon Amar is Professor of Dental Medicine and Provost for Biomedical Research at Touro College and University System, and Professor of Pharmacology, Professor of Microbiology and Immunology at New York Medical College. He is a prolific researcher and author of more than 160 scholarly articles on topics including the role of inflammation and oral health, molecular immunology, biotechnology, periodontal disease, pharmacology and clinical trials. His research has been covered in The Wall Street Journal and The Los Angeles Times among several others.
Dr. Amar studied Mathematics and Physics at Aquiba School in Strasbourg France. At Louis Pasteur University in Strasbourg, France Dr. Amar received his B.S. in Mathematics and Physics, a D.D.S, a M.S. in Skeletal Tissues and Apatites, a Ph.D. in Developmental Biology, as well as a certificate in Histology Cytology and Periodontology.
Dr. Amar was a USA Postdoctoral Fellow in Biochemistry-Molecular Biology at Northwestern University, earned a USA Certificate in Periodontology at the Eastman Dental Center, and his USA D.M.D. at Boston University.
- 1980 Aquiba School, Strasbourg, France B.S., Mathematics and Physics
- 1985 Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France D.D.S.
- 1985 Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France Certificate, Histology Cytology
- 1986 Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France M.S., Skeletal Tissues and Apatites
- 1987 Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France Certificate, Periodontology
- 1989 Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France Ph.D., Developmental Biology
- 1990 Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA Postdoctoral Fellow, Biochemistry-Molecular Biology
- 1994 Eastman Dental Center, Rochester, NY USA Certificate, Periodontology
- 1997 Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA D.M.D
You can see his recent abstracts at NIH PubMed site.