Salomon Amar, D.D.S., Ph.D.
Provost for Biomedical Research, Senior Vice President for Research Affairs, Vice Dean for Research
Professor of Dental Medicine
New York Medical College, Touro College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Solomon Amar is Provost for Biomedical Research for the Touro College and University System and Professor of Dental Medicine at the Touro College of Dental Medicine (TCDM). He also serves as Senior Vice President for Research Affairs, Director of the Office of Research Administration, and Professor of Pharmacology, Professor of Microbiology and Immunology at New York Medical College.
Prior to joining the Touro College and University System, Dr. Amar was a Professor of Oral Biology and Periodontology and directed the Center for Anti-Inflammatory Therapeutics at Boston University. He is a prolific researcher and author of more than 160 scholarly articles on topics including the role of inflammation and oral health, molecular immunology, biotechnology, periodontal disease, pharmacology and clinical trials. His research has been covered in numerous outlets, including The Wall Street Journal and The Los Angeles Times. Dr. Amar’s research team has a long-standing interest in periodontal tissue homeostasis and mechanisms of inflammatory bone loss. His work has led to seminal observations in periodontal systemic diseases, especially cardiovascular diseases and obesity, leading to innovative approaches in public health aspects of these diseases. Dr. Amar is licensed to practice in the states of New York, Massachusetts and New Jersey.
- D.D.S., Louis Pasteur (Strasbourg, France)
- B.S., Mathematics and Physics, Aquiba School (Strasbourg, France)
- M.S., Skeletal Tissues and Apatites, Louis Pasteur
- Ph.D., Developmental Biology, Louis Pasteur
- D.M.D., Boston University
- Certificate in Histology Cytology, Louis Pasteur
- Certificate in Periodontology
- Biochemistry-Molecular Biology Postdoctoral Fellow, Northwestern University
- Certificate in Periodontology, Eastman Dental Center
You can view Dr. Amar’s recent abstracts at NIH PubMed site.
Additional biographical information is published at New York Medical College.