Allison Baylis, D.M.D.
Course Director, Clinical Growth and Development
Clinical Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Allison Baylis is Course Director for Clinical Growth and Development and Clinical Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine at the Touro College of Dental Medicine (TCDM). Having joined the TCDM faculty in 2016, Dr. Baylis currently teaches a comprehensive embryology and head and neck development course to D1 students and completed her honors thesis on Head and Neck Embryology curricula for dental students. She grew up in West Haven, Connecticut, where she currently maintains a successful private practice that she has operated since 2017. Her practice focuses on restorative, endodontic, periodontic and surgical procedures. Dr. Baylis has a special interest in the areas of dental care for the elderly, dental care for special-needs patients, pregnancy and oral health and the relationship between nutrition and maintaining oral health. She is licensed to practice in the state of Connecticut.
- B.S. in Psychology and Neurobiology, University of Connecticut
- D.M.D., Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine
- General Practice Residency, St. Francis Hospital
- Allison Baylis, D.M.D., Head and Neck Embryology: An Overview of Development, Growth and Defect in the Human Fetus, University of Connecticut (Spring 2009).
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Dental Association
- Connecticut Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry