Susan DiSenso-Browne, D.D.S.
Course Director of Oral Health Care for Patients with Special Needs
Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Susan Disenso-Browne is an Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine and serves as Course Director of Oral Health Care for Patients with Special Needs as well as preclinical instructor at the Touro College of Dental Medicine (TCDM). In addition to her teaching responsibilities at TCDM, she is an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Cell Biology & Anatomy in the School of Medicine at New York Medical College.
Dr. Disenso-Browne joined the college in the spring of its opening year as an instructor of gross anatomy and head and neck anatomy for the inaugural class. At the time, she was also practicing at the Westchester Institute for Human Development (WIHD), an article 28 clinic dedicated to providing comprehensive and continued dental care to persons with disabilities and remains in close collaboration. She was instrumental in helping to establish an affiliation between TCDM and WIHD, which provides dental students with clinical rotations through the institute’s dental facilities, mobile unit and in the operating room, affording them with a unique educational experience to work with individuals with developmental disorders and their highly-trained caregivers. Dr. DiSenso-Browne is licensed to practice in the state of New York.
- B.S. in Biology, Iona College
- D.D.S., Stony Brook University
- GP Residency, Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Sehgal PB, Westley J, Lerea KM, DiSenso-Browne S, Etlinger JD. Biomolecular condensates in cell biology and virology: Phase-separated membraneless organelles (MLOs). Anal Biochem. 2020;597:113691. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ab.2020.113691.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Ninth District Dental Association