Howard A. Fine, D.M.D.
Director of Orthodontics
Clinical Associate Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Howard Fine is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine and the Director of Orthodontics at the Touro College of Dental Medicine (TCDM). He has more than 30 years of experience providing care for both children and adults in the region and he has been recognized as one of the Top Orthodontists in Westchester by Westchester Magazine for over ten consecutive years. Dr. Fine is an Invisalign® Certified Provider and is licensed to practice in the state of New York.
Before joining TCDM, Dr. Fine was an Assistant Director and Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthodontics at Montefiore Medical Center. His continuing education focuses on orthodontics and includes courses in cutting-edge technologies in the changing orthodontic environment, as well as orthodontic strategies for sleep apnea.
Dr. Fine is a consultant to several major orthodontic manufacturers, where he works on product development and testing, regulatory protocols and continuing education. Dr. Fine has lectured extensively both nationally and internationally on orthodontic topics, and has been published in the Journal of Dental Research, the Journal of Clinical Orthodontics and the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
- B.S., Biology, New College of the University of South Florida
- D.M.D., cum laude, Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- Certification in Orthodontics, Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- M.S., Medical Sciences, Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- Howard Fine, D.M.D., MMSc, Lawrence P. Lotzof, D.D.S., George J. Cisneros, D.M.D., MMSc, Canine retraction: A comparison of two preadjusted bracket systems, American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics (August 1996).
- Howard Fine, D.M.D., Justin K. Bass, D.M.D., George J. Cisneros, D.M.D., MMSc, Nickel hypersensitivity in the orthodontic patient, American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Volume 103, Issue 3 (March 1993).
- Howard Fine, D.M.D., MMSc, A fixed labial/lingual technique for rapid bite opening, Journal of Clinical Orthodontics, (1991).
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Association of Orthodontists
- College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists
- Northern Westchester Dental Study Group, Prior President