Daniela Gurpegui-Abud, D.D.S.
Assistant Clinical Practice Leader
Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Daniela Gurpegui Abud is an Assistant Clinical Practice Leader and Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine at the Touro College of Dental Medicine (TCDM). Prior to her role at TCDM, she practiced general dentistry in the North of Spain and has previous teaching experience having worked as an Instructor during her Periodontics residency at the Columbia University College of Dentistry.
While pursuing her D.D.S., Dr. Gurpegui Abud was selected to study a year abroad, in Florence, Italy, where she trained with world-renown Periodontists. She is also an expert on Er:YAG Laser usage for Periodontics, and while studying at the Columbia University College of Dentistry, she received an award for her postdoctoral research presentation on the treatment of Periodontal Disease with Conventional Mechanical Debridement and Er:YAG Laser. She is incredibly passionate about volunteer work, and as a volunteer general dentist for Doctors Without Borders, Dr. Gurpegui Abud worked to provide preventative and emergency dental care to children and adults in multiple villages in Nicaragua.
- D.D.S., Universidad Europea de Madrid
- M.S., Periodontics, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- Periodontics Residency (Chief Resident), Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- Certificate,“Perfecting Dentistry,” Universidad Iberoamericana de Santo Domingo
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Education Association
- American Dental Association