Michael Israel, D.M.D.
Assistant Clinical Practice Leader
Clinical Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Michael Israel is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine at the Touro College of Dental Medicine (TCDM) and an Assistant Clinical Practice Leader at Touro Dental Health, the college’s 115-chair dental teaching practice. In addition to his current teaching responsibilities, Dr. Israel works in private practice in West Orange, New Jersey. He is board certified by the CDCA and experienced in differential diagnosis and management of infection and trauma-based dental emergencies, in addition to common and uncommon soft and hard tissue pathology. He has participated in a number of continuing education courses on different specialties in dentistry including prosthodontics and periodontics.
While in his General Practice Residency at Northwell North Shore-LIJ, Dr. Israel was awarded the GPR Extraordinary Patient Service Recognition Award for excellence in patient interaction and care. He received the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Student Professionalism Award while pursuing his D.M.D. for his display of exemplary professional and humanistic comportment. He is licensed to practice dentistry in the states of New York and New Jersey.
- B.A., Brain and Cognitive Sciences, University of Rochester
- D.M.D., Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
- General Practice Residency, Northwell North Shore-LIJ
- Michael Israel, D.M.D., Evaluation of intraoral scanning technologies for use in the digitization of dental stone models, Annual Meeting & Exhibition of the American and Canadian Associations for Dental Research (AADR/CADR), Los Angeles, California (2016).
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Dental Association
- New Jersey Dental Association