David J. Katz, D.D.S.
Director of Clinical Education, Director of Halachic Dentistry
Associate Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
● Brooklyn College, C.U.N.Y., Biology; BS
● Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery; DDS
● Booth Memorial Hospital; GPR
Dr. David J. Katz brings a long history of experience in hospital dentistry and private practice to TCDM, having practiced dental medicine for more than 35 years. He previously served as Associate Clinical Professor of Dentistry at Columbia University College of Dental Medicine and held several teaching positions at hospitals including Booth Memorial Hospital and New York Hospital, where he was department chair of Oral Diagnosis.
Dr. Katz is a distinguished Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry. He is well known for his expertise in Jewish Law as it pertains to the practice of dentistry, having authored a full text, “Kesser Dovid, The Halachic Guide to Dentistry”. Other achievements include his dedicated service as a member of the Dental Identification Unit for 9/11, for which he subsequently received recognition from the City of New York and Congress. Dr. Katz is also currently in private practice in Teaneck, NJ and Forest Hills, NY.
● “The Use of Tissue Conditioners on Prosthetic Settings”- Booth Memorial Dental Review Journal
● Halachic Considerations in the Use of Biologic Scaffolding Materials – “Bone Grafts” – Journal of Halacha and Contemporary Society, Fall 2011
● Jewish Law Issues of Bone Grafting Materials - Techumim Summer 2014, Vol.33
● “The Halachic Guide to Dentistry”- Feldheim Publishers, 2017
Memberships and Affiliations
American Association of Hospital Dentists
American Dental Association
Academy of General Dentistry
American Association of Hospital Dentists,
Queens County Dental Society