Jeffrey Rabinowitz, D.M.D.
Clinical Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Jeffrey Rabinowitz is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine at the Touro College of Dental Medicine (TCDM). In addition to his current teaching responsibilities, Dr. Rabinowitz has been a founding partner of a successful multidisciplinary group dental practice in New York City where he provided full-scope treatment as well as having served as the practice’s Director of Implant Dentistry. Upon completion of his D.M.D. from the University of Pennsylvania, he received fellowship training in the areas of dental implantology and periodontics at New York University College of Dentistry and in intravenous and inhalation sedation at the Brookdale Medical Center and Seton Hall – St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center. With a background of advanced training and extensive experience in the rehabilitative and surgical fields of dentistry, he has also been a dento-legal consultant and expert witness since 1993.
Dr. Rabinowitz has previously served as a clinical instructor and attending at The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, and was formerly the Clinical Director of the St. Nicholas Dental Group and Chairman of the New York County Dental Society’s Professional Liability Committee. He has completed hundreds of hours of continuing education courses on a number of topics including, but not limited to, advanced oral reconstruction, porcelain aesthetic dentistry, periodontal plastic surgery for smile enhancement, implant site development via bone, soft tissue and sinus grafting, periodontal regeneration and Advanced Cardiac Life Support. Dr. Rabinowitz is licensed to practice dentistry as well as intravenous/parenteral sedation in the state of New York and he is a Fellow of the Congress of Oral Implantologists.
- B.S., Biology, University of Pennsylvania
- D.M.D., The University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
- General Practice Residency, The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Herman GL, Rabinowitz JM. An implant-supported rehabilitation case using innovative provisional restoration design and conversion as diagnostic and treatment modalities. N Y State Dent J. 2005;71(4):43-46.
Memberships and Affiliations
- New York Academy of Dentistry, Fellow
- American Dental Association
- New York State Dental Association
- New York County Dental Society
- Northeast Society of Periodontists
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists