Benjamin Schwartz, D.D.S.
Clinical Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Benjamin Schwartz is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine at the Touro College of Dental Medicine (TCDM). In this role, he guides students in their transition from preclinic to treating patients at Touro Dental Health, the college’s 115-chair clinical teaching practice. Having joined the TCDM faculty in 2016, Dr. Schwartz is also the course director for Cariology and currently teaches an introductory course to Cariology. In addition to his current teaching responsibilities, Dr. Schwartz currently owns and maintains private practices in New York City and Long Island that are heavily focused on implant placements and restorations. He has proven to be an innovator in the dental field through his commitment to utilizing and taking a host of continuing education courses on the latest in dental technology. Dr Schwartz has lectured nationally and taught other dentists how to properly merge the use of technology and implant dentistry to improve the oral health of their patients. Dr. Schwartz is licensed to practice in the state of New York.
- B.S., Biology, Touro College
- D.D.S., New York University College of Dentistry
- General Practice Residency, Woodhull Hospital
- Advanced Training in Dental Implantology
- Benjamin Schwartz, D.D.S., Implant Visible Through Mucosa, Academy of General Dentistry Impact Journal (February 2019).
- Benjamin Schwartz, D.D.S., GPS for the GP: Guided Implant Surgery, Journal of the New York State General Academy of Dentistry (Spring 2018).
- Benjamin Schwartz, D.D.S., Digital Dental Smile, Academy of General Dentistry Journal (Spring 2017).
- Benjamin Schwartz, D.D.S., Marriage of Clear Aligner Therapy and Restorative Case, American Academy of Clear Aligners (Fall 2016).
- Benjamin Schwartz, D.D.S., Inter Proximal Respect, New York State Academy of General Dentistry Journal (Fall 2015).
- Benjamin Schwartz, D.D.S., A Complex Case Treated with Clear Aligner Therapy, Journal Academy of Cosmetic Orthodontics (Summer 2013).
- Benjamin Schwartz, D.D.S., CBCT for The GP, NYS Academy of General Dentistry Journal (Fall 2012): CBCT for The GP Page 1, CBCT for The GP Page 2
- Benjamin Schwartz, D.D.S., Invisalign and Aesthetic Dentistry, NYS Dental Journal Article (June/July 2012): Invisalign and Aesthetic Dentistry Page 1, Invisalign and Aesthetic Dentistry Page 2
- Benjamin Schwartz, D.D.S., Using the Invisalign System, Peer Reviewed Article (June 2010).
- Benjamin Schwartz, D.D.S., Oral Care for The Elderly, Perspectives in Gerontology (December 2006).
Memberships and Affiliations
- Academy of General Dentistry, Fellow
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists, Fellow
- American Dental Implant Association, Fellow
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Dental Implantologists
- NYS Dental Association