Jaffer A. Shariff, D.D.S, M.P.H, D.P.H, M.S.
Director of Research
Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Jaffer Ahmed Shariff is an Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine and Director of Research at the Touro College of Dental Medicine (TCDM). In this role, Dr. Shariff oversees research programs in conjunction with with the Vice Dean for Research and Vice President for Biomedical Research for the Touro College and University System, and is responsible for the Scholarly Project program, Continuum on Implant Dentistry CE program, and the development of an Implant Fellowship.
Dr. Sharriff previously taught in the Division of Periodontics at Columbia University School of Dentistry and was a Faculty Implant Fellow. In his time as an Academician, Dr. Shariff has served on research, innovation and infection prevention committees in addition to serving on the American Association of Public Health Dentistry's Exam Redesign Taskforce. In addition to being heavily involved in research and co-authoring a number of publications, he has written and co-authored instructional and educational materials utilized in print and the media. Dr. Shariff is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology (2019) and a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Public Health (2018). He is licensed to practice in the states of New York and Texas.
- B.D.S., Bachelor of Dental Surgery, K.L.E Society's Institute of Dental Sciences/ Rajiv Gandhi University
- M.P.H., Epidemiology, Tulane University School of Public Health & Tropical Medicine
- D.P.H, Dental Public Health Residency, Division of Behavioral Sciences, Section of Population Oral Health, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- M.S., Periodontal Residency, Division of Periodontics, Section of Oral, Diagnostic and Rehabilitation Sciences, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
Abstracts, papers and publications
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Board of Periodontology, Diplomate
- American Association of Public Health Dentistry, Diplomate