Jaffer A. Shariff, D.D.S, M.P.H, D.P.H, M.S.
Assistantl Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Jaffer Ahmed Shariff is an Assistant Professor of Dental Medicine at the Touro College of Dental Medicine (TCDM). Dr. Shariff is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology (2019) and a Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Public Health (2018). In his time as an Academician, Dr. Shariff has served on research, innovation and infection prevention committees in addition to serving on the American Association of Public Health Dentistry's Exam Redesign Taskforce. In addition to being heavily involved in research and co-authoring a number of publications, he has written and co-authored instructional and educational materials utilized in print and the media. Dr. Shariff is licensed to practice in the states of New York and Texas.
- B.D.S., Bachelor of Dental Surgery, K.L.E Society's Institute of Dental Sciences/ Rajiv Gandhi University
- M.P.H., Epidemiology, Tulane University School of Public Health & Tropical Medicine
- D.P.H, Dental Public Health Residency, Division of Behavioral Sciences, Section of Population Oral Health, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- M.S., Periodontal Residency, Division of Periodontics, Section of Oral, Diagnostic and Rehabilitation Sciences, Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Board of Periodontology, Diplomate
- American Association of Public Health Dentistry, Diplomate