Katrin Tamari, D.D.S.
Director of Intake and Patient Assignment, Director of Interprofessional Education
Associate Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Katrin Tamari is the Director of Intake, Emergency, and Patient Assignment, the Director of Interprofessional Education and an Associate Professor of Dental Medicine at the Touro College of Dental Medicine (TCDM). In her clinical role, Dr. Tamari works with students in Touro Dental Health, the college’s 115-chair clinical training facility, overseeing and streamlining the new patient intake process. As the Director of Interprofessional Education, she has been instrumental in facilitating connections between our students and those from other Touro health sciences schools, teaching the importance of working across disciplines to provide integrated care for the whole patient.
Before joining the TCDM faculty, Dr. Tamari served as an Assistant Professor and supervised triage and emergency clinics at Columbia University College of Dental Medicine. Her continuing education courses include a focus on oral lesions and other challenges for the dental practitioner, including providing care for patients with special needs. She has previously worked in private practice in New York City and Great Neck, New York. Dr. Tamari is licensed to practice in the state of New York.
- B.S., Pre-Med, Queens College
- D.D.S., Columbia University College of Dental Medicine
- Katrin Tamari, D.D.S., Janotha, BL, Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma: Focusing on Interprofessional Collaboration, The Nurse Practitioner Journal (April 2017).
- Katrin Tamari, D.D.S., Janotha, BL. Evangelidis-Sakellson, V (2019). Dental and Nurse Practitioner Student Attitudes About Collaboration Before and After Interprofessional Clinical Experiences, Journal of Dental Education, (June 2019).
- Katrin Tamari, D.D.S., Lee, G. Lankalis, J. Singer, S., Use of cone-beam computed tomography in diagnosing and treating endodontic treatment failure: a case study, Journal of Orofacial Sciences (2017).
- Katrin Tamari, D.D.S., Cantelmi, P. Singer, SR, Dental caries in an impacted mandibular second molar: using cone beam computed tomography to explain inconsistent clinical and radiographic findings, Quintessence International (September 2010).
- Katrin Tamari, D.D.S., Mandel, L., Sialorrhea and gastroesophageal reflux, Journal of the American Dental Association (November 1995).
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Dental Association
- American Dental Education Association