Eric Wachs, D.M.D.
Director of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Associate Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Eric A. Wachs was appointed Clinical Associate Professor and Clinical Director of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, at TCDM in 2016. He previously served as Clinical Instructor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Albert Einstein College of Medicine since 1989, Clinical Assistant Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at New York Medical College since 2012 and was a Consultant in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at NYU School of Medicine from 2012 to 2014. Dr. Wachs has been involved in the education and training of General Dental and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residents throughout his career at Montefiore Medical Center-Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Coler-Goldwater Specialty Hospital and Nursing Facility, and New York Medical College. Dr. Wachs has held numerous committee memberships and leadership positions at several of the institutions and organizations that he has belonged to throughout his career.
Dr. Wachs is affiliated with Phelps Hospital Northwell Health, Montefiore Medical Center and Riverside Health System, and has practiced Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at offices in Tarrytown, Yonkers and the Bronx since 1989. He has been a Westchester Magazine Top Dentist in oral and maxillofacial surgery since 2009. Dr. Wachs is licensed in New York since 1986, and certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons since 1991.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- B.S., Animal Science, Cornell University
- D.M.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
- General Practice Residency, Bronx Municipal Hospital Center
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member - Ninth District Dental Society
Vice Chair - Governmental Affairs Committee
Member - Dental Health Planning and Hospital Dentistry Committee
- Member – American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Diplomate – American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Chief, Section of Dentistry and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – Phelps Hospital Northwell Health
- Fellow – American College of Dentists