Stanley Freeman, D.D.S.
Director of Continuing Education
Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
Dr. Stanley Freeman is a Professor of Dental Medicine and Director of Preclinical Dentistry at the Touro College of Dental Medicine (TCDM). Having joined TCDM before its opening in 2016, Dr. Freeman was instrumental in helping to develop TCDM’s curriculum and aided in the accreditation process. Throughout his extensive career, Dr. Freeman has held a number of teaching appointments, most recently serving as Clinical Instructor in Removal Prosthodontics at the New York University (NYU) College of Dentistry. Prior to that, he was a Professor in the Department of Restorative Dentistry at Columbia University for over 35 years. In addition to formerly serving as the Director of Prosthodontics at Norwalk Hospital, Dr. Freeman served in the U.S. Air Force as a Captain in the Dental Corp. He is licensed to practice in the states of New York and Connecticut.
- B.A., Chemistry, NYU
- D.D.S., McGill University
- Certificate in Prosthodontics, NYU College of Dentistry
- Schuenke M, Schulte E, Schumacher U, Baker E. “Oral Cavity and Pharynx.” In: Freeman, S. Anatomy for Dental Medicine., 2nd ed., Thieme, 2015.
- Schuenke M, Schulte E, Schumacher U, Baker E. “Appendix A: Anatomy of Local Anesthesia for Dentistry.” In: Freeman, S. Anatomy for Dental Medicine., 2nd ed., Thieme, 2015.
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Dental Association
- Connecticut Dental Association
- American College of Prosthodontics
- American Prosthodontic Society
- American Dental Education Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- National Dental Honor Society OKU
- Former President at Columbia University (2011-2012)
- Fellowships: American College of Dentists; International College of Dentists; Pierre Fauchard Academy of the Dental Honor Society; New York Academy of Dentistry
- Formerly served on Education Committee of the Connecticut State Dental Association
- Former Chairman of the Peer Review Panel on Laboratory Relations