Christopher Walinski, D.D.S.
Clinical Practice Leader
Associate Professor of Dental Medicine
Touro College of Dental Medicine
- Case Western Reserve University, B.A. Chemistry/Natural Sciences in-absentia
- The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, D.D.S., Excellence in Radiology
Dr. Christopher Walinski is an Associate Professor of Dental Medicine and serves as a Clinical Practice Leader at Touro Dental Health, the school’s dental teaching practice, where he oversees the clinical training of third and fourth year dental students. He is also the Course Director for Lasers in Dentistry at TCDM.
Dr. Walinski has been an author, inventor and innovator in Laser Dentistry for over two decades and has authored a text on laser dentistry that has been translated into 10 languages. In addition, he has published numerous articles on lasers and oral-systemic/total patient health in journals throughout North America, Australia, Europe and Asia. Dr. Walinski is currently the Executive Director of the World Clinical Laser Institute and a Founding Member of the American Academy of Oral Systemic Health. He is a Diplomate and Past-President of the World Congress of Minimally Invasive Dentistry and was previously Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Laser Assisted Dentistry.
Prior to his full-time teaching role at TCDM, Dr. Walinski was Associate Professor at The University of Tennessee College of Dentistry, and maintains a role as Visiting Professor at Taipei Medical University College of Oral Medicine, and the National University of La Plata in Buenos Aires, emphasizing dentistry using lasers and other minimally-invasive techniques. He is licensed in the states of Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York.
- Management of TMD Symptoms with Photobiomodulation Therapy
Abidi AH, Blanton AO, Walinski CJ
Accepted for publication in The New York State Dental Journal
- The Potential of a Nanostructured Titanium Oxide Layer with Self-Assembled Monolayers for Biomedical Applications: Surface Properties and Biomechanical Behaviors
Lan WC, Huang TS, Cho YC, Huang YT, Walinski CJ, Chiang PC, Rusilin M, Pai FT, Huang CC, Huang MS
Applied Sciences 2020, 10(2):590.
- Composite removal by means of erbium, chromium:yttrium-scandium-gallium-garnet laser compared with rotary instruments
Tantbirojn D, Walinski CJ, Ross JA, Taylor CR, Versluis A.
Journal of the American Dental Association 2019 Dec;150(12):1040-1047.
- Comparison of laser versus rotary instrumentation
Gregory P, Lea J, Walinski C, Terese-Koch D, Hottel TL, Fields D, Rodriguez C.
Journal of the Tennessee Dental Association 2016 Fall-Winter
- Early bone respone to machined, sandblasting acid etching (SLA) and novel surface-functionalization (SLAffinity) titanium implants: characterization, biomechanical analysis and histological evaluation in pigs
Chiang HJ, Hsu HJ, Peng PW, Wu CZ, Ou K, Cheng HY, Walinski CJ, Sugiatno E
Journal of Biomedical Materials Research A 2016 Feb;104(2):397-405.
- Irritation fibroma removal: A comparison of two laser wavelengths
General Dentistry 52(3):236-8; 2004 May
- Lasers in General Practice: Can They Now Exceed Expectations?
Journal of the Irish Dental Association, 2004 March.
- Dental lasers: possibilities and benefits
Journal of the Massachusetts Dental Society; 2004 Feb
- Go To The Light
The Journal of the Academy of General Dentistry, 2003 Aug/Sep
Memberships and Affiliations
- New York Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- 9th District Dental Society
- International Association for Dental Research
- World Clinical Laser Institute – Mastership & Executive Director
- World Congress of Minimally Invasive Dentistry – Diplomate & Past President