Patient's Bill of Rights
Make an Appointment
The doctors and staff of Touro College of Dental Medicine recognize that while you are a patient here you have the right, consistent with law, to:
- Understanding and use these rights. If for any reason you do not understand or you need help, we will provide assistance, including an interpreter.
- Receive treatment without discrimination as to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of payment or age.
- Receive considerate and respectful care in a clean and safe environment free of unnecessary restraints.
- Receive emergency care if needed.
- Be informed of the name and position of the persons who will be in charge of your care and names and position of administrative staff and refuse their treatment, examination on or observation.
- Receive complete information about your dental diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis.
- Receive all the information that you need to give informed consent including possible risks and benefits for any proposed procedure or treatment.
- Refuse treatment and be told what effect this may have on your health.
- Refuse to take part in research. In deciding whether or not to participate, you have the right to a full explanation.
- Privacy and confidentiality of all information and records regarding your care.
- Participate in all decisions regarding your treatment.
- Review your dental record without charge. Obtain a copy of your dental record for which we can charge a reasonable fee. You cannot be denied a copy solely because you cannot afford to pay.
- Receiving an itemized bill and explanation of all charges.
- Complain without fear of reprisals about the care and services that you are receiving and have the provider respond to you, and if you request it, a written response. If you are not satisfied with the response, you can complain your concerns to the Faculty or to the Director of Clinical Operations at 914-594-2707 and if you are still not satisfied, you may contact the New York State Health Department and you will be provided their telephone number.