Lauren Levi, DMD, MS
Director of Orofacial Pain, Headache and Sleep
Lauren E. Levi DMD MS is a board-certified orofacial pain specialist and fellowship-trained dental oncologist who has dedicated her career to treating and managing head, neck and facial pain as well as sleep-related breathing disorders and oral medicine-related conditions. She received her DMD from the University of Florida. She then completed a residency at New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, followed by a fellowship in dental oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. After fellowship, Dr. Levi received a master’s degree in oral medicine and orofacial pain from the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry at the University of Southern California. Additionally, she completed advanced training in headache management at Jefferson Health. Prior to joining Touro, Dr. Levi served as a clinical assistant professor at Thomas Jefferson University in the division of orofacial pain where she remains an adjunct clinical assistant professor. She also taught at New York University College of Dentistry and started a dental oncology service at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Dr. Levi has published articles in multiple journals in the fields of pain and oral medicine. Dr. Levi’s research interests include the relationship among obstructive sleep apnea, TMD and migraine, the use of neuromodulation in the treatment of orofacial pain, the head and neck manifestations of cancer therapy, novel treatments of chronic head and neck pain, and the applicability of photobiomodulation in the treatment of radiation fibrosis syndrome and trigeminal neuropathic pain.
- DMD, University of Florida—2012
- General Practice Residency, NewYork-Presbyterian, Weill Cornell Medical Center—2013
- Fellowship in Dental Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center—2014
- Master's in Oral Medicine and Orofacial Pain, Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry at the University of Southern California—2020
- Certificate in Advanced Headache Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University/Jefferson Headache Center—2023